As a Professional user, it is important that you receive, view, and update your Referrals on a regular basis. If you prefer a step-by-step guide, scroll below for directions.
Login to My Dashboard. Be sure you have the correct location selected in the locations drop down menu. My Dashboard shows your recent activity, upcoming to-dos, referrals, as well as other widgets that have been configured within your implementation.
Overview of Referrals Widget
The Referrals widget is a snapshot of the Referral activity coming in and going out of your location.
- Incoming Referrals: Referrals coming into your organization/location
- Outgoing Referrals: Referrals for individuals associated with your location/organization that are referred elsewhere, outside of your location/organization
- Out-of-Network Referrals: Referrals that are sent to organizations that do not have access to the My Journey platform, but are still part of the community and work to support individuals within the community.
Receiving, viewing, and updating Referrals
Navigate to the Referrals widget on My Dashboard. Click on the "Go to Referrals" button. You'll be brought to your Referrals page where you can filter by Referral Type and Referral Status. You have the ability in this view to see All Referrals, filter by Type, filter by Status, or filter by both.
Additionally, you can click the Export button to download the Referrals to a CSV for further analysis. Additionally, you can navigate to the Detailed Referral Report in the Reports menu.
The following Referral Statuses are available to select from.
New Referral: A referral has been made and has not yet been reviewed. The individual needs to be contacted by the receiving agency to take some action.
Accepted: Referral has already been reviewed and the individual is deemed eligible to enroll or participate in the Resource.
Rejected: Referral has already been reviewed and the individual has been deemed ineligible to enroll in the service or class. This status requires a reason.
For each Referral, more details about the Referral are indicated including:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Referral Resource (which resource the individual is being referred to)
- Resource Type
- Receiving Location
- Point of contact (The specific person that is the point of contact for the resource)
- Referring Location (the location that made the referral)
- Referring User (the Professional that made the referral)
- Referral Date
Editing a Referral
Click on the pencil next to the Referral.
Here, you will be able to see more information about the Referral, including notes from the Professional that referred the individual. You can also see more information about the individual using the sidebar navigation menu.
Once you have reviewed the individual's Referral, update the individual's status appropriately, document any notes desired and click on Update. If you select Rejected as the status, you will be required to select to describe why the referral was not a good match.
You must scroll horizontally to see the whole table with all of the information. Please scroll to the far right of the Referral to edit it with the pencil icon.