My Professional Center requires a signed and dated release of information consent agreement to be on file for individuals before their information can be shared. The agreements are available in several languages and can be downloaded from the attachments section at the bottom of this page by clicking on the download icon next the desired form.
How to collect an agreement
Login to My Professional Center and find the individual you are working with and navigate to their Agreements workflow step. If there is no checkmark next to "Agreements," the participant's agreement is not on file and their information can not be shared with any other organizations outside of your own.
Note: A feature is available, upon request, to allow individuals (students, customers, clients) that are associated with only one location can be referred to resources at that one location without having a consent agreement on file. Additionally, the option to indicate the Agreement is on file is configured in the Client Settings and is decided on a per consortium basis and as such, may not be seen in your environment.
Please contact PAIRIN if you have any questions about these features.
There are three methods to signing this agreement and one to indicate the individual would like to decline an agreement:
Sign agreement electronically
Select I would like to sign the agreements electronically and then click on "Send Agreement Link"
- The agreement form will then be sent to the individual's email that is on file
- The individual is able to sign on their smartphone or computer electronically
Download, print, and sign the agreements
Select I would like to download, print, and sign the agreements.
- The agreements are available in many different languages. Click the Download link available in the appropriate language. Download and print the agreement(s), and have the appropriate individuals sign the agreement in the appropriate place(s).
After the agreement(s) has/have been signed and dated by the individual, you must scan it/them and save it/them as a .pdf, .png, .jpeg, or .jpg file on your computer and upload to the individual's profile in My Professional Center.
Be sure to pay attention to where you save the file(s) on your computer so that it will be easy to locate for uploading. Creating an Agreements folder in your Documents folder or on your Desktop is recommended and including the student name in the file title is encouraged.
Once an agreement has been saved in one of the approved electronic formats, you can click the “Choose File” button to upload it. Click the name of the uploaded document, and then click the “Open” button. You will be returned to the Upload Signed Agreement page, where you should see the file name displayed to the right of the “Choose File” button. Repeat this step if multiple agreements are needed and when all agreements have been chosen, Click "Upload" to complete the process.
When the file has successfully uploaded, you can click on the hyper-linked file name to open it or click the View link. The upload date is not editable and will reflect the actual date of upload.
Indicate that the agreement is on file
- This option is used when your organization has another process, outside of My Professional Center, where consent is given from the individual and can be used for the record on file. For example, in most educational settings, schools collect a FERPA agreement, indicating an individual's consent to share their educational record.
- Select: I would like to indicate the agreement is on file and indicate the location where the agreement is on file for auditing purposes.
- Click Submit as On File.
Indicate the individual would like to decline the agreement
1. Select: I would like to decline an agreement and indicate the reason for declining
2. Click Next Step
Note: Users that work with individuals that decline to sign an agreement can indicate as such by using the appropriate radio button and selecting or adding a reason. If this option is indicated, users will not be able to refer the individual to other schools or agencies. Only intra-location referrals will be allowed.