When to use the attendance feature
The attendance feature allows the ability to track attendance of an event or program. Using the attendance feature can help collect data to be able to plan for future programs or events and identify who is attending your programs and events.
How to use the attendance feature
Navigate to the "Gear" button on the top right menu bar
Search for the resource you wish to see who has been referred or add attendance to. You can use the filters at the top to help sort. When you find the resource, click the resource's "NAME" in blue.
Click the "Students Referred" tab to see who has been referred to the event (prior to the event).
From here, you can change the status of a referral - one at a time or in bulk. Click the boxes next to the action and then click "change status of selected" to be prompted to the edit referral status options.
Reminder - referral status can also be edited on the student's referral workflow step. These two fields are linked and will be in sync.
Click the "Attendance" tab to add an attendance record for the event. Click "Create New Attendance Record.
Select Students from the drop-down menu.
- The students who were referred to the event will appear at the top of the selection. If all attended, you can click (checkmark) their name to include them in the attendance record.
- You can also search to add students who attended but were not referred ahead of the event by typing their name in the textbox. All students selected will appear as "selected students."
- Students selected together will have a "bulk" update (attendance record) that will be the same -- attended, record date, minutes of instruction, and source. Click "Submit."
If other students have a different attendance record to submit, (e.g., did NOT attend, attended for a different number of minutes, etc,) a separate attendance record will need to be created.
- In the screenshot below, the 6 students from above had the same attendance record created. Then "created a new attendance" record to show that Jon only attended half of the event, 60 minutes.
- All seven student records appear together.
For quick reference, you can add a headcount for the attendance at the top of the grid. This might be used to show number of unique students if the event is a series that happens over multiple sessions or for some reason the attendance record does not include all attendees. You can fill in the headcount with the accurate number.
The attendance record can be exported as a csv.
Please sign in to leave a comment.