What is the Career Exploration tool and why should I use it?
The Career Exploration tool allows you to explore hundreds of occupations. You'll be provided with a summary of the occupation as well as other data like education and skills needed, average salary, projected growth and more! You can also search similar occupations, save your favorites, and filter by your preferences.
Who can use the Career Exploration tool?
The Career Exploration tool benefits all ages and roles and is available to all signed in users.
Where is the Career Exploration tool in the system?
It is available at any time through the Tools menu. You will also be prompted to access the Career Exploration tool within various Outcomes.
How to use the Career Exploration tool
Begin by clicking "Go" on the Career Exploration tile in the tools menu.
On the homepage, you can:
- Select any of the filters to refine the occupations displayed to you
- Use the magnifying glass to search occupations by text, or the arrow icon to sort your results
- Click any occupation to learn more about it
Within an occupation, there will be a video at the top of the page that gives specific details about that job. You can also:
- Star the occupation and mark it as a favorite
- Search for programs
- View quick facts about the occupation
- Explore recommended skills
- Expand additional sections to learn even more about the occupation
- Browse similar occupations that may also interest you