I was laid off, I need to find a job
This Outcome guides individuals, who have lost their job through no fault of their own, to file for unemployment insurance (UI) benefits and to explore “the world of work” to find a new job.
All ages who have lost their job and are looking for a career.
- State of Colorado/ UI Online Filing
- Connecting Colorado
- Labor Market Information Gateway
- My Colorado Journey
- Eligible Training Provider List
- File for UI benefits and register for work: Use the UI on-line filing process to submit a UI claim, and you will register on-line to find work through your local workforce center at Connecting Colorado.
- Identify my current work skills: Use the assessments at LMI Gateway to identify your current work skills.
- Find occupations that are in demand in my area: Use LMI Gateway to find high demand occupations in your area and use MyColoradoJourney to explore and build various career pathways in those areas.
- Discover on-the-job re-training opportunities: Use the Eligible Training Provider List to discover potential training opportunities in your area and contact your local workforce center for further career guidance and resources.
- Find funding that may help me prepare for a new job: Contact your local workforce center for information on WIOA retraining funds to help you land that next career.