What are reporting columns and filters? In short, they are specific questions from the Outcomes in the system that will help you to sort through and group the individuals you serve.
Reporting columns and filters are available to all professionals within the Professional Center to help them view and arrange the data of their participants. The columns and filters can be used separately or together to help you better serve the individuals you are working with.
Are you a school counselor wishing to provide resources to students based on their plans after high school? Are you a workforce professional wishing to connect individuals with the services they need? Reporting columns and filters can help you identify these needs and efficiently help those you serve.
In future, you’ll also be able to sort by Outcomes completed and track the impact you are having.
Let’s look at reporting columns first. My Colorado Journey allows you to add additional columns and edit the order in which they appear. This is specific to your own view in the Professional Center, and is able to be changed at any time.
Adding a column shows you the individual’s answer to that specific question and also allows you to sort by those answers.
So how do you add or update columns?
- First, from the Professional Center, select “Edit Columns” under the ‘Actions’ dropdown.
- From the modal that appears, flipper on (turn yellow) or off (turn grey) the columns you’d like to add or remove. Select the columns and drag up or down to change the order they’ll appear in.
- Once you’ve made all your updates, click “Submit”.
Next up are reporting filters. Filters also allow you to sort individuals by answers to questions, but won’t show you the answer. Filters can be layered upon each other to really sort through the individuals in your Professional Center. Like columns, the filters you set are specific to your own view in the Professional Center, and can be changed at any time.
Adding a filter allows you to sort by the answer given, but does not show you the answer.
You’ll add a filter similar to how you added a column.
- From the Professional Center, open the ‘filters’ dropdown. First, select the question you’d like to filter the individuals by.
- The menu will expand to show you all available answers from that question. Check the box for each answer you’d like to apply as a filter.
- If you’d like to add a second filter, repeat the process for each question.
Using columns and filters together
Can you use columns and filters together? You sure can! This provides the best of both worlds and allows you to narrow down individuals by the answers they selected and also view those answers directly in the Professional Center.