This video will walk you through navigating your Referral Portal dashboard or you can follow the below directions.
Referral Portal Dashboards on Tableau Server User Instruction Guide
- Access the website link to see the main login page and enter your login credentials.
- Upon logging in, you will see the homepage of the dashboard suite which is hosted on a platform called “Tableau Server.” When clients enter their information through the MyJourney Portal, that data is collected and stored. Tableau is the software being used to develop analytical dashboards from that data.
- Going back to the homepage, you’ll see a ‘Welcome’ banner at the top of the screen, and a number of links on the left-hand panel.
- In the panel on the left, note the word “Explore” with a compass icon. Please click on the word “Explore” to view the content you have access to. Here, dashboard content is organized into folders. The “Referral Portal” folder contains the dashboard of interest.
- Click on the “Referral Portal” folder to see the available reports stored within. We’re going to focus on the “Referral Detail Report” which is a tabular report that allows viewers to pull data from their respective Workforce Center.
- To view the report, click on the image for the “Referral Detail by Date” tab. This is the main tab of the report, and where most of the day-to-day functionality will occur. It offers a detailed table that sorts referrals by date, notes contact info, and barriers that clients may have. Notice the gray box at the top where it says “Report Filters.” Within it, there are 4 filters that can help you to get to the information you’re looking for. Click on the dropdown for “Workforce Center” and un-check the box for “All.” At this point, you can select the Center of interest and view records for that center only. The adjacent filters for Referral Type, and Barriers work similarly. Filter to a Referral Type or specific barrier as needed. On the rightmost side of the filter box, you can search for a last name using the type-in box.
- Once you’ve landed on the information of interest, the data can be downloaded for use on your local machine. At the top right corner, notice the “Download” button. Click this button to see the download options for the data. If you select “Crosstab,” the data will be downloaded in a format that can be opened in Microsoft Excel for further editing. If you had filters in place on the report, the data will be filtered when you download.
- There are a couple other “tabs” within the report that you can navigate to. The next tab at the top says “Referral Count by Location.” Looking at this tab, we see a pivot table that counts Referral types by Workforce Center. In this summary table, you can “drill down” on a count. Click on a count within the table to be taken to the row-level detail.
- Finally, the “Unknown Workforce Center Report” shows the row-level detail for all entries in the MyJourney Portal where a Workforce Center was not selected. This tab was designed to enable the triaging of incomplete records or those that need additional attention.